Monday, June 10, 2013

The Internship

I'm going to say something that might shock some younger people out there. I don't think Vince Vaughn is funny. I didn't like "Wedding Crashers" and I tend to only enjoy Owen Wilson's more serious roles ("Marley & Me"... Try not to tear up watching that movie!). The only movie where he is the leading man that I enjoy is "Dodgeball". But he's not really that funny in it. Everyone around him is what makes that movie funny.

That being said, "Fred Clause" is my second go-to Christmas movie! And if you're sitting there thinking "That movie looks so stupid", don't knock it 'til you try it!

Now that I am completely off topic, I bring you "The Internship".


Down on their luck in the job market, salesmen, Billy and Nick decide to become interns at Google. There, they meet a ragtag group of college students who they team up with to try to win a competition to win full time jobs. At first, rejected by their fellow interns due to their lack of knowledge in computer programming, they soon bond with the students showing them that sometimes, the best thing to do is to have fun.

This movie wasn't the funniest movie, but it was surprisingly well thought out and heart warming. The two lead men become like Father figures to their new friends and teach them important life lessons.

The kind of Fathers that take their kids to strip clubs to
teach them these lessons.

Going in, expecting a "Wedding Crashers"-esque movie, the amount of heart in this movie threw me off guard. I didn't expect it to be as good as it was, and that's always refreshing. I love seeing good movies, but I love seeing movies that prove my expectations wrong for the better.

Also, it's awesome seeing Josh Brener breaking out into movies. You may recognize him as the spokes-person for the Samsug Galaxy S2 commercials. He plays the awkward team manager that has to keep the team working together, and he is pretty funny in it.

Dear Google, What is this? I type in "Josh Brener The Internship"
into Google to promote a movie that is pretty much about how awesome
you are and this pops up? Get your crap together Google!!!

This movie could have been a lot funnier, but I feel if they had went that direction it would not have been as good. If you go see it, don't expect your side to be hurting from laughing so hard, but it is still a very good movie.

My Grade: B





No comments:

Post a Comment