Monday, June 3, 2013

The Croods

I'm gonna be honest with you guys. I thought this movie was gonna be terrible. I thought this was gonna be the worst animated film of the decade. I thought this was gonna make me want to gouge my eyes out. I know, a bit extreme, but I need to stress to you how little my hope was for this movie before I tell you this...

Never have I been so wrong.


"The Croods" is an animated film about a family of cave dwellers before the Ice Age. They are lead by a Father, voiced by Nicholas Cage, who is so afraid of their world that he only lets them out of the cave to find food. Of course this goes over well for everyone but the angst ridden teen that he is raising, voiced by Emma Stone.

Again, I failed you guys and I am writing this three months after watching it. I know I suck, and I'm sorry. Anyway, Something that I can't remember causes them to leave their cave and they go on quite possibly, the worlds first road trip. On this road trip you may or may not laugh, cry smile depending on if you have a heart or not.

For those of you who know him, doesn't this look like a
Cave Man version of Mike Egan?


This movie surprisingly has a lot of heart and good messages in it for how ridiculously goofy it is at times. It is a great example of how a family must keep together through everything, but at the same time should never keep them from achieving their dreams. With great lessons like that, it amazes me that there are people out there who don't let their kids watch TV or movies. You can learn so much from them.

Like how Sloths used to be used as belts... I'm sure that's a real thing.

My Grade: B+



No comments:

Post a Comment