Monday, June 3, 2013

Snitch

It seems that Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is the go to guy for action movies now. Which is great. I've never really liked wrestling, but I was always a fan of his. Mainly because I heard he was a good cook. Unfortunately, I never did smell what he was cooking.


"Snitch" is based (loosely, I assume) off of a true story. It's about a Father who helps the DEA in order to get his son off a Drug Trafficking charge. He poses as a man whose business has reached hard times and wants to start transporting drugs to pay off his companies debts. With the help of Agent Cooper, played by Barry Pepper (One of the Most Underrated Actors of our time) and an employee of his named Daniel James, played by Jon Bernthal ("Walking Dead"), he finds himself getting deeper and deeper into drug trafficking, all to save his son.

Snitches GIVE Stitches

And Barry Pepper looks like a bad ass.

This movie was good for what it was. It was an action movie, and not much more. Although they did try to make it like a PSA by having statistics on drug related crimes at the end, but who cares? Dwayne Johnson keeps proving himself as an actor with every movie he makes. He has come a long way since "The Mummy Returns" and "The Scorpion King".

Also makes you appreciate how far CGI has come.

I saw this movie back in February and just decided to do a review now... Not the best way to do it, but I'm not getting paid to do these, so deal with it! BUt I can tell you that this movie was enjoyable, but it did have it's flaws.

The Soundtrack was not one of them. Surprisingly beautiful music for an action movie. Seriously. Listen to the whole song.


My Grade: B-




No comments:

Post a Comment