Wednesday, May 8, 2013

The Imposter

Every now and then, there is a documentary that is so ridiculous you can't believe it's true. While watching it, your mind keeps trying to figure out how the hell it happened. "Oh, this is just a really convincing docudrama" you keep saying. "It must be directed by Martin Scorsese or Danny Boyle. That's the only explanation."

Nope. It's real. It's very real.


"The Imposter" is a documentary so dark and creepy that you just keep waiting for someone to slip up. But it never comes. It tells the story of a family who lose their son and brother only to have him be found 3 years later in Spain. Only it's not really their son.

This film is ridiculously enthralling. Usually when I have Netflix playing something, I'm doing something in my computer too. It's very rare that I close my laptop and pay 100% full attention to a movie on Netflix.

I turned that crap off! No Facebook! I don't want to update my status! I'm watching "The Imposter"!

The reenactments in the documentary are so cinematic that it feels like a fictional movie. The first hand accounts are so intense and heart breaking and aggravating that you find yourself talking back to the screen! And it's not a Tyler Perry movie!

If you have Netflix, check out this film. You will not regret it.

My Grade: A+


No comments:

Post a Comment