Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Shootout at Wadala

Has anyone else ever gotten the itch to see a ridiculous Bollywood action movie, or is it just me?


Starring the George Clooney of India (Seriously, take a good look at him... the one running with his shirt off) and directed by Sanjay Gupta (the Steven Spielberg of India... or perhaps the Michael Bay. I can't tell), "Shooting at Wadala" tells the true story of Manya Surve, an infamous Indian gangster. Wrongly accused of a crime he did not commit, Manya Surve became what the Bombay Police accused him of being in the first place.

Now, when I went to see this, I totally thought musical numbers in Bollywood movies were just a stereotype. Nope. They're real. Even in a movie as intense and serious as this movie was supposed to be. This is the equivalent of Daniel Day-Lewis breaking into a song and dance in the middle of "Lincoln". I just don't think it would have worked.

I'm gonna shoot you in the face... but first... WE DANCE!

This movie was exactly what I thought it would be. A ridiculous action movie. As much as I laughed at the musical numbers (more than 1), I could have done without them. And the movie could have been 30 minutes shorter. But overall I enjoyed it.

My Grade: B-


No comments:

Post a Comment