Friday, May 10, 2013

Just Some Trailers

Trailers are often the best part of going to the movies, even though they usually set you up for disappointment. The following are trailers that stood out to me. Most for the better, some for worse.

ELYSIUM (8/9/13)
First off, I loved "District 9". It was my favorite movie of 2009. Director Neill Blomkamp has made a name for himself very fast, and for good reason. I think this looks like a very good sophomore film. It doesn't look quite as good as "District 9", but I think it has a lot of potential. And who know? It could be better! This is definitely my most anticipated movie of 2013.

THE HUNGER GAMES: CATCHING FIRE (11/22/13)
Undoubtedly the most anticipated movie of the fall for most, "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" is of course the sequel last years "The Hunger Games". I never read the books, because reading is for chumps (not really). But I did enjoy the movie, and although I am not terribly excited for this one, I will more than likely see it... because I have no life.

STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS (5/17/13)

Yes! Yes, yes, yes, yes! A thousand times yes! I have been waiting for this since the credits started rolling for the first J.J. Abrams "Star Trek". I think he has done a superb job with the series, and the alternate universe take on it to make the series how he wants it was just brilliant. But I've never really watched the original series, so I could just sound stupid as usual. Anyway, I think Benedict Cumberbatch (Such an English name!) is going to be a fantastic villain and I can't wait to see what happens in the newest chapter!

MAN OF STEEL (6/14/13)
I'm just gonna come right out and say it. I hate Superman. It seems like he was created by a temperamental toddler who kept losing in a backyard game of Super Heroes so he just kept giving himself super power. Like Cartman in the Anime episode of "South Park". That being said, I'm impressed with this trailer. I still don't have much hope for the movie, but I must say this has intrigued me. The opening where the piano plays over the chaos of war going on in his home planet is just awesome. However, I do hate the part where a woman says, "My son was on that bus! He saw what Clark did". I find it hard to believe that anyone would be that ungrateful towards someone who saved their son. That might not be what's going on at all though.

RUSH (9/20/13)
This looks like it has some serious potential. Ron Howard behind the camera, Chris Hemsworth and Daniel Brühl in front, and OH! Olivia Wilde! MMMMM!!!! Anyway, this trailer has great music and great visuals, but I feel like it shows to much. But who knows? This may just be a small portion of the movie.

GRAVITY (10/4/13)
Terrifying... Absolutely terrifying. These are the kinds of movies that scare the crap out of me. Not "horror" movies. Movies like this and "The Impossible" scare me. Things that could actually happen to people (obviously not me, since I'm not an Astronaut). Movies with monsters and ghosts killing you in your dreams don't scare me. However, if I die violently in my sleep, you know who did it!

PACIFIC RIM (7/12/13)
Giant robots fighting giant monsters? Charlie Day? Guillermo del Toro? Charlie Day? CHARLIE DAY? What more could you possibly want in a summer movie?

VIOLET & DAISY (6/7/13)
I'm putting this trailer because I realized that I have yet to post a trailer I haven't liked. I think this just looks stupid.

R.I.P.D. (7/19/13)
I like Jeff Bridges. I like Ryan Reynolds. But this is a painfully obvious rip off of "Men In Black". It hurts. Come on, Hollywood, now you're not even trying to hide it!

CAPTAIN PHILIPS (10/11/13)

Damn, I love Tom Hanks! This movie looks so intense! And the actors playing the pirates seem so genuine! They're not even listed on the cast list on IMDB yet! I think this could be a really good movie! Directed by the same guy who made the first three "Bourne" movies, it will most like have a lot of tense scenes as well.

Thanks for reading! Tune in next week when I may or may not share more trailers!

No comments:

Post a Comment