Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Ironman 3


Ironman 3.


It's that time of the year folks. Summer movies are finally back in season, for better or worse. And who better to open up the summer than Marvel, with Ironman 3?

Tony Stark is back and this time he is facing the Mandarin, a terrorist who wreaks  on the United States with a series of bombings. When the attacks get a little to close to home for Tony Stark, and his friend and body guard Happy is put in the hospital, Mr. Stark threatens the Mandarin. And the Mandarin responds how most terrorists would respond. By shooting missiles at his house in a fly-by shooting.

Thugg Lyf3!

This marks the second time director Shane Black has worked with Robert Downey Jr. The first time being in 2005s "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang", a very underrated movie in my opinion. With the opening scene, it is very apparent that the two films share a director. And I mean that as a good thing.

It's been a long time since I saw "Ironman 2", but I don't remember being that thrilled with it. "Ironman 3" brings back the smart-assery that is Tony Stark and also brings back some of the emotion I felt was missed in the second chapter.

With a perfect combination of drama and comedy (in my mind at least), "Ironman 3" is a great start to a action filled summer movie season.

My Grade: A-




No comments:

Post a Comment