Monday, May 6, 2013

42

Jackie Robinson is an American hero. If you don't know much about his story, go see "42". It is a great depiction of his experience breaking the barriers between the Major Baseball League and the Negro Leagues.  And being from the generation I was born in, I couldn't have even imagined half of the stuff he was put through, not only by fans, and players on other teams, but his own team as well.


Starring Chadwick Boseman as number forty-two, this is a sports movie that sticks out amongst the others. Its fantastic cinematography, superb acting and it's ability to bring out the humor in tense situations makes it a fun movie to watch.

One of the most heartbreaking scenes involves my precious Philadelphia Phillies, back when they had a racist manager. It hurt my heart and soul to hear such hateful thing come from the mouth of a man wearing the uniform I love... What a jerk!

On a positive note, he was played by one of my
favorite actors, Alan Tudyk!

I was very impressed with Chadwick Boseman's performance. This isn't his first film, but it's the first that I've seen him in, and I wasn't impressed with any of the clips in the trailer. But he exceeded my expectations significantly!

"42" is a great sports-history film that everyone should see.

My grade: A-



No comments:

Post a Comment