Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Trailer Tuesday 7/16/13

Oldboy (10/25/13)
Spike Lee has possibly done something to make me hate him more than I already did. He took one of the best South Korean movies ever made, (seemingly) took out major plot points and toned it down to make it more tolerable for the American masses. Granted, this is all just speculation on my part at this point, but why? Why did he tone it down for Americans if that is what he did? The people who would be insulted by the original aren't going to see this movie anyway. I'll still see it, but why? Also, be on the look for messages forcing White Guilt on you throughout the entire movie... Spike Lee... go back to watching the Knicks suck!

How to Train Your Dragon 2 (6/20/14)
I have to admit, this was a little bit underwhelming for me. I loved the first one, and as cool as the flying sequences are, this just seems like a gimmick to me. "Oh, look! Now he can fly too! Come see this movie!" The art of subtle teasers is lost on some. Either way, I look forward to this.

The Grandmaster (8/23/13)
Chinese movies always have beautiful cinematography. Even if the story isn't good they're always pretty to watch.

12 Years a Slave (10/18/13)
Wow. This movie looks great. It has everybody's favorite people! Michael Fassbender, Brad Pitt, Benedict Cumberbatch, Paul Dano and Chiwetel Ejiofor. Not to mention Paul Giamatti! This just feels like an Oscar contender already!

Saving Mr. Banks (12/20/13)
Speaking of Oscars, here's another film that may be a contender! The story behind the struggles Disney had obtaining the rights to "Mary Poppins". Little fun fact, the author hated that they casted Dick Van Dyke as a British person and refused to watch it... what a jerk!

Out of the Furnace (12/6/13)
There are only two things I don't like about this trailer. Zoe Saldana and Pearl Jam. Other than that it looks good.

Seventh Son (1/17/13)
I feel like I won't be able to hear anything but a drunken southern accent coming from Jeff Bridges mouth in this. It looks interesting, but I'm not really a huge fan of fantasy movies.

Filth (10/4/13)
If I were to judge Scotland on this trailer and "Trainspotting" alone, I'd say there is a massive drug problem there. I feel like the title of this movie is a very good warning to anyone who is offended easily.

Curse of Chucky (10/8/13)
........Why?



No comments:

Post a Comment