Monday, July 22, 2013

The Conjuring

G-G-G-GHOSTS!!!!

I seem to have a love or hate relationship with horror movies. I either love them, or I think they are the biggest piece of crap in theaters at the time. And I've noticed a pattern. Give me a slasher movie where you see the killer 1,000 times before he actually gets to the main characters and I hate it. Give me a movie where you don't see who is doing it, why they're doing it or how they're doing it and reveal a little bit of information at a time and I love it. "The Conjuring" does just that.

Now, I wouldn't consider myself a firm believer in ghosts. The best description I can think of is that I am a ghost-agnostic. A ghostnostic if you will (shut up). I have seen and heard things that could only be described by two things in my mind. One: ghosts, and two: I am schizophrenic. And knowing what my Grandfather went through as a schizophrenic, I'd prefer the former.

Now, I don't scare easily in movies. But if it's a movie about ghosts or demon possession, I will act like a little baby. If a ghost-movie followed me around for it's plot, it'd be more of a comedy.

This is the part where I scream "Aw, Hell Naw!" 
and run away if it were reality.

The fact that "The Conjuring" is based on someone's actual experiences freaks me out even more. I don't even care if it's massively exaggerated, if anything even remotely like what happened in the movie happened to me, this is how I'd react:

For those of you who don't watch this show, check out Psych on Netflix!

This movie does a great job at keeping you interested. Like I said above, it's better when they slowly reveal information to you rather than tell you everything at once. That's why I don't like the Freddy Krueger or Jason movies. They're too much of an open book in the beginning.

"The Conjuring" is an intense movie that has some laughs (both intentional and unintentional) but overall is a pretty freaky and entertaining movie. Although I don't agree with the 'R' rating. It should be PG-13. The MPAA is getting softer than it already was!

My Grade: A-


No comments:

Post a Comment