Friday, August 9, 2013

RED 2

I've missed you. I hope you've missed me too. Let's never fight again.

"RED 2" starts off with our favorite retired agent and his new, young girlfriend shopping at Costco trying to lay low. But I think we all know how that works out. They are yet again, dragged into something they don't particularly want to be involved with. And as always, they're joined by their lovable, insane friend, whom regardless of what character he's playing, I refer to as John Malkovich from "Being John Malkovich".

Unfortunately, this time sans pig.

"RED 2" is exactly what you'd expect from a sequel to it's predecessor. It's fun, it's action packed and it's got a  lot of memorable moments. However, this one didn't come with the element of pleasant surprise that the first one did. At least for me. It's a great film with a lot of funny and quotable lines, but I feel it quite do the first one justice.

But what sequel really does do the first one justice. Besides "X-Men 2". And "The Dark Knight". And "Terminator 2". And "Star Wars: Episode IV". And I would say "The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers", but I consider them to be one long-ass movie.

What I'm trying to say is, if you enjoyed the first one, you'll enjoy this one...
Here's John Malkovich with a bomb strapped to his chest.


My Grade: B-


No comments:

Post a Comment