Thursday, November 29, 2012

Skyfall

I'm not a fan of the Bond series. I don't dislike them, but I don't claim to be a fan. So I don't know if Skyfall is a good Bond movie. But it is a damn good movie by itself.


After a mission goes awry that leave M and the rest of MI6 believing Bond is dead, and the names of several agents in the hands of a cyber terrorist, 007 must come back from his retirement to help MI6 find the man responsible. Bond-esque chaos ensues.

Directed by Sam Mendes, who has directed everything but action movies, Skyfall has one of the best villains of not just any Bond film, but of any film. Javier Bardem steals the spot light, in my opinion, as the flamboyant and eccentric villain out for vengeance against M.

Playing a completely different kind of evil from his evil character in No Country For Old Men for which he won the Oscar, I believe his performance will bring the first Oscar consideration for acting in a Bond Film. And along with that, I believe Daniel Craig might receive some consideration as well, although I think it is less likely.

Skyfall is a fun, action packed movie with great cinematography thanks to the GREAT AND POWERFUL ROGER DEAKINS.

My Grade: A


No comments:

Post a Comment