Thursday, November 29, 2012

Lincoln

Steven Spielberg, Daniel Day-Lewis, Tommy Lee Jones, Sally Field, John Hawkes, James Spader, Tim Blake Nelson, Jarred Harris, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Music by John Williams.

Do I need to give you any other reason to see this damn movie?


Depicting Lincoln and his cabinet and the House of Representatives in January 1865 as they proposed, discussed and voted on whether or not they should adopt the 13th Amendment. The writing in this film is so eloquent that it makes me hate hippies and whoever invented rap music, television, MTV Cribs and the internet for dumbing down the English Language. Seriously, listen to any speech given by FDR, Churchill or Eisenhower during World War II and then compare it to a speech by Obama, Clinton or either Bush and you'll realize how much art the English language has lost.



I personally blame 16 and Pregnant, but I digress.

Everything in Lincoln is up to par with Spielberg's reputation. I am slightly biased, seeing as how President Lincoln is my historical hero, but I believe this movie is Spielberg's best to date. Better than Jaws. Better than Saving Private Ryan. Better than Jurassic Park. Not only does it tell a great story, but it is also humorous for those who don't care for the historical aspect of it.

As per the usual, Daniel Day-Lewis gives an Oscar worthy performance and is damn near unrecognizable as America's 16th President. When the trailer was released for this movie only but a short 3 months ago, all other Best-Actor hopefuls groan in disbelief.

As of now, I believe this is the best movie of the year. Can any of the releases in the next month change that? Or could I possibly see a better movie released sometime this year that has fallen through my radar?

My Grade: A+


No comments:

Post a Comment