Saturday, April 28, 2012

In Anticipation: Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

There are very few movies that, before they come out, the trailer and any mention of the film makes me as giddy as a school girl. Yes, I get excited for movies, but there are very few trailers I will watch over and over again and smile and giggle every single time.

The last I remember was Inception. Yes, that may have been less than 3 years ago, but considering thousands of movies have been released since then, that is a pretty significant amount of time. Before Inception it was The Assassination of Jesse James By the Coward Robert Ford. And I don't remember what was before that. I remember when I was a manager for a movie theatre, I would walk in to a theatre that I knew would show the trailer for it and watch it as much as I could. The IMAX experience being the best of course.

But I digress.

I present to you Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter.


Now, if by some chance there is anyone on here, reading this, that doesn't know me, I am obsessed with Abraham Lincoln. He is, in my opinion, the best human to ever walk the Earth. I read so much about him, that I sometimes worry about myself. And I have read the book this movie is based off of, and it is EXTREMELY historically accurate. Seth Grahame-Smith, the author and screen writer, more or less just took a biography and inserted vampires anywhere someone in the great President's life died. It is a very good book, and I highly suggest it to anyone who is looking for a new book to read.

That being said, here are 5 reasons I am as giddy as a school girl whenever this movie is mentioned.


  1. I have an unhealthy obsession with President Lincoln.
  2. There are vampires involved. And not the kind of wimpy vampires that have flocks of teenage girls running and screaming in the movie theatre whenever him and his stupid lame werewolf boyfriend take their shirts off. Actual, real, bad ass vampires.
  3. It has Civil War scenes, but with Vampires ripping people to shreds. (Hopefully)
  4. It has the most bad ass President this country has ever had being more bad ass than I have ever imagined possible.
  5. Did you see him cut down that tree with one swing? Of course you did!
I just hope that this trailer doesn't get my expectations up to high. And I swear to all that is Holy, if this gets anything less than an 'R' rating, I will find Tim Burton and Timur Bekmambetov and I will come at them with the fires of hell at my heels and I will not stop until their legs are twitching'! 

You have been warned.

And what an awesome poster!


No comments:

Post a Comment