Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Zero Dark Thirty

'MERICA!!!!!!


This is the fastest I have ever seen a movie based on a true story come out. Zero Dark Thirty, directed by Kathryn Bigelow, tells the story of how one CIA agent obsessed with finding Osama Bin Laden led the search that led to his killing.

This suspenseful story was  a no brainer for Bigelow to follow The Hurt Locker with. And of course, she has been greeted with several Oscar nominations. However, I believe that the sense of Patriotism that has stuck with finding and killing one of the murderers of 3,000 innocent people has boosted the popularity and acclaim for this film.

Don't get me wrong, I'm an American. Rock, Flag and Eagle, right Charlie?


I also enjoyed this film. Very much so in fact. However, I think there are several films that deserved a Best Picture nomination much before Zero Dark Thirty. I felt much of the "bad-assery" was forced and that a strong first and third act were hurt significantly by the middle act. But perhaps I'm just a sadistic bastard who enjoys torture and violence.

Either way, everyone has their own opinion. I will be seeing Zero Dark Thirty again, I just don't agree with it's best picture nomination. You might. See it for yourself.

'Merica

My Grade: B+


No comments:

Post a Comment