Sunday, December 16, 2012

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

People like myself have been waiting for this movie since before The Fellowship of the Ring came out. It has been more than 10 years since they first announced they were going to make the trilogy, and everyone questioned if they would make its predecessor as well.

It took awhile but they did.


The Hobbit, for those of you that don't know, tells the story of Bilbo Baggins adventure while he tries to help a band of dwarves to reclaim their mountain from a Dragon named Smaug. This film, much like The Lord of the Rings is long. But unlike other reviewers, I don't believe it to be unnecessary "fluff". I feel as though each scene adds something to the movie story and moves it forward.

The acting, writing, and directing are all what you would expect from a Lord of the Rings, Peter Jackson film. And it will leave you on the edge of your seat without making you depressed like the end of The Fellowship of the Rings. It's much more light hearted, in a good way.

While not as ground breaking or amazing as The Lord of the Rings trilogy, The Hobbit is a great beginning to three part prequel to the series, and leaves me excited for the next one. To bad I have to wait a year... I hope the Mayans are wrong.

My Grade: A-


ATTENTION! I WILL BE RELEASING THE NOMINATIONS FOR THE MIKEY AWARDS JANUARY 10th COINCIDING WITH THE ACADEMY AWARD NOMINATIONS! I WILL POST THE WINNER ON FEBRUARY 24 DURING THE OSCARS!


No comments:

Post a Comment